Author(s): Ian Olasov
The perfect gift for the smart thinker in your life.
For several years Ian Olasov has set up 'Ask-a-Philosopher' booths around New York City, answering questions from passersby. Now in this book he offers answers to the real-life questions on people's minds.
From the philosophical to the frivolous, questions include:
- Are people innately good or bad?
- Is it okay to have a pet fish?
- Is it okay to have kids?
- Is colour subjective?
- If humans colonise Mars, who will own the land?
- Is ketchup a smoothie?
- Is there life after death?
- Should I give money to homeless people?
Every question is approached from a philosophical standpoint, but the answer is made fun and accessible for everyone.
One of the many joys of this book is that you see how philosophy can be both perfectly continuous with everyday life and also utterly transporting.